NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, HOW LAID BACK YOU FEEL OR HOW MUCH MEDITATION YOU DO, AT SOME POINT YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL LIKE YOU JUST CANT TAKE ANY MORE! NO MATTER IF YOUR ENGAGEMENT IS 1 MONTH OR 30 MONTHS; THIS LIST WILL HELP YOU IN THOSE MOMENTS WHERE BRIDEZILLA IS WAITING TO COME OUT!
1. Right after a hard day, leave the TV off and place on some soft, sexy music. Have a glass of wine with your fiancé. Put away the wedding books, the color swatches and the venue brochures, and just sit and remember all the factors you love one another so much!
2. Offer yourself regular days off. Just like a real job, working at something every waking minute is not healthy. Specify times where you are dealing with your wedding and when you are not, try not to answer emails, make (or take) phone calls or anything else that will pull you in on those days off.
3. Deal a peaceful night at home with your spouse, play your favorite song, watch favorite your movie, and make your favorite foods. Turn off the cell, put down the Blackberry, and enjoy just being together.
4. Call a girlfriend, especially if you have one that has been married recently and vent your disappointments to her! She will understand and will inspire you that everything is going to be just fine!
5.Join a gym together or go for weekend bike rides. It also has the tendency to switch your brain off completely from your planning and focus you on a needed distraction.
6. Take a walk and hold hands with your man. A recent study revealed that holding hands lowers stress levels– provided that the hands are his hands. Interact!
7. Sometimes you don’t require a vacation; you just need a moment to clear your head. Visualize the waves on your honeymoon beach. Think of the sound and the warm water on your toes; concentrate on each breathe deeply. Set the timer on your phone before you start for 3 minutes. Get lost in the images, in the sounds and the smells. You will be amazed how much this will help.
8. GET OUT … into nature, that is! Viewing the outdoors can lower your heart rate and relax you. Don’t attempt to substitute a virtual tour here, only the real thing will work. It does not need to be a camping trip; a simple few minutes around the local dock hangout will do just fine.
9. It is not always just the luxury it may seem on the surface. Fresh cut flowers can give you a real enhancement and help you feel more connected and warm. Anywhere you find yourself spending quality time!
10. Wedding planning can be crazy and sometimes a girl just needs to let go of the little things and let someone else step in. Look to your family and maids of honor to help you knock them down one by one.
11. Essential Oil Aisle. Hit the essential oil aisle at the local health food store. They will have a whole section of them that are designed that can help you de-stress. Find a smell you like and buy some of it. Put the vial in your purse and when you start feeling stressed, SNIFF IT! Wipe some oils on light bulbs of lamps (before you turn them on) at home or in the office. The heat will release it into the air around you. Think calm thoughts enjoy the smell of stress release.
12. Got anger? Do like mom use to tell you. That’s right, think back to being a kid and listen to your mom. STOP; COUNT TO 10 AND BREATH DEEPLY. These few seconds can make all the difference between becoming bridezilla and being Cinderella.
13. Laughter is the most effective medicine. When it comes to stress, this is really true. When it comes to getting out of the pre-wedding funk, don’t underestimate the value of a good belly laugh. Have a funny friend? Invite her out to drinks. Rent a funny movie or hit the local comedy club. Not only will you feel better, but all that laughing may help you fit in your dress even better!
14. Feeling a lot of pressure? Maybe it is time to vent! Find a buddy or a relative and tell them if it would be ok if you just vented for a minute. Let loose, lay into your wedding planner, your caterer, your dress maker, throw your fiancé under the bus, lay into your maid of honor (as long as that’s not who your venting to) and get everything off your chest. Sometimes, in just 10 minutes, you can let off enough steam to really calm things down.
15. Ok, you are probably on a tight budget getting ready for the wedding. A 30 minute massage (or an hour … or two) can really help you relax and de-stress. Look for coupons, or if needs be, have your man give you a massage … who knows it may just lead to another stress relieving activity!
16. Tryptophan yourself! Eat foods with high levels of tryptophan (think bananas, oats, soy, poultry, milk, cheese, nuts). These ingredients have been proven to help your brain produce chemicals that calm you down. But, watch those nuts and cheeses! They can be high in fat, so you may want to use either sparingly or rotate this with exercise.
17. GO H2O! Dehydration will affect your mood. Skip the coffee, sports drinks and soda, and start drinking LOTS of H2O (water). Try to drink up to 1 gallon a day to stay hydrated and to flush any toxins that are in your body making you irritable.
18. I know this may sound crazy … but it’s true, even that drink that you thought was going to calm you down and settle your nerves. Skip the drink to reduce your stress.
19. Blood Sugar Matters! Whether you have cared much in the past or not, when you are planning your wedding you need to be on top of your game. Treat yourself well, eat small meals throughout the day; don’t skip meals and try not to fall into the sugary, starchy snack trap. This will help stabilize your blood sugar and keep you on an even keel.