Men and women ski for various reasons, though there are common things why folks love to reach the slopes. For some, they may have matured spending their winter weekend breaks in fresh powder with their parents (who loved to ski), and it became the activity the family did together for years. For others, it may have been a late exploration that transformed into a relationship, and now they can’t get enough.
No matter the reason, there truly is something epic about going out in beautiful weather, appreciating pristine sunshine, fresh powder, and tearing it up ’til you’re spent. Whether you’re new to the sport or you’re the person that basically never leaves the mountain and you have to be advised to wash your ski pants (thankyouverymuch), below are five purposes we think skiing is pretty great.
1. It’s great to get outside. Probably more than ever before in the history of the world, people spend the majority of their time indoors. We may recognize how accustomed we’ve become to checking our screens when we plug and disconnect in to nature instead.
2. There are some serious benefits to moving your body. As stated in this article (https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201409/moving-your-body-is-good-your-mind) in Psychology Today, did you know that, in addition to being linked to cardiovascular health, physical activity is linked to brain health, too? And we’re not even getting started on a lot of the other positive byproducts, like helping you sleep better or fighting the internal blues.
3. It can serve to improve your coordination. There’s nothing like negotiating constantly shifting surface and fast performances to train your mind and body to be regularly interacting with the world around it. The more frequently you do it, the simpler it will become.
4. If life is feeling a little blah, one of the ways things can become interesting again is to learn something new. Figure out why this is something people become addicted to and can’t get enough of when the conditions are amazing.
5. And finally, what can we say? It’s FUN!!! It’s a great way to spend an afternoon with buddies! You’ll get better. You’ll get faster.
But, hey. When it’s time to go home and your group is pooped from hitting it hard all the time, we’re the folks you wanna call. Let us do the driving while everyone unwinds traveling home.