We welcome you to come in and fill out an application at either of our offices. Or click here for a copy of the application.
- High school diploma or GED, or one to three years of equivalent experience/training
- SPAB or School Bus certification preferred
- 25 years of age or older
- Safety-oriented and Customer-service oriented
- Sound Knowledge of traffic laws, rules, and regulation
- Able to read maps and road signs
- Must be able to communicate in English orally and in writing
- Knowledge of basic math
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to handle stress well
- Clean driving record and background check
- Able to pass a D.O.T. level physical and drug/alcohol test
- Able to lift/manipulate up to 50 pounds and sit for long periods of time
- Able to walk, stoop, and bend at the knees
- A current DMV H-6 (10yr driving history) which is less than 30 days old Required
DRIVER JOB DESCRIPTION
Main Job Functions
- Works independently and in teams.
- Conducts routine pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure safe vehicle operation.
- Properly updates and maintains log books on a day-to-day basis.
- Preplan routes and mapping for assigned charters.
- Interacts and responds to passenger requests and situations in a friendly, professional and courtesy manner.
- May assist passengers boarding, exiting the vehicle and loading/unloading passenger baggage.
- Serves as the primary contact and representative of Amador Stage Lines during all customer interaction.
- Manage stressful circumstances which may include extreme weather, heavy traffic, or dissatisfied and unreasonable passengers.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include irregular hours, late nights, overnight trips, weekends, and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned.