Sacramento is such a fun city that I forget to eat sometimes, but when I remember, I have more choices than I could ever have hoped for right here in this little city. Here are some of my favorite recipes inspired by Northern California residents. With all of the delicious produce available, how could we avoid being culinary geniuses?
Barbecued Salmon With SFQ Sauce
2 Salmon fillets in tact 6 ounces each
Extra virgin olive oil as desired
Salt, pepper, and granulated garlic as desired
SFQ sauce as desired
1. Preheat a charcoal or gas grill to a medium to high level of heat.
2. Rub the side of the fillets that have skin with olive oil and season to your liking with salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Be certain your grill grate is clean, heated, and covered in oil.
4. Place the fillets on the grill once the grill is ready. Cook for about 7 minutes
5. Check the fillets to make sure they don’t stick on the grill. If they do, this usually means they are not ready to be turned over.
6. After the skin turns brow and crispy, see if they can be removed easily from the grill. They should turn without a problem.
7. Flip the fillets and brush them with SFQ sauce on the skin side, and cook about 2 more minutes on the grill.
8. Serve hot.
In addition to these delicious salmon fillets, serve a wonderful salad. Here is my favorite salad recipe.
8 ounces of feta
1 10 ounce bag of fresh spinach
1 cup of pomegranate vinaigrette
1 cup of walnuts
1 bag of dried cranberries
1. Mix spinach, cranberries, vinaigrette, and walnuts in a big salad bowl.
2. Divide salad into individual salad bowls.
3. Garnish each salad liberally with feta before serving.
These recipes are sure to be a great combination with your Amador charter bus in Sacramento. The food is delicious!