We’ve observed that there is a lot less guideline online on men’s retreats than women’s retreats, and we know that there are lots of people out there finding this type of information. So here are some approaches and tips that will guide as you plan your next men’s retreat outing.
1. Remember that the initial task in organizing a men’s retreat is to get the men to come. Men do not usually want a Christian tea hour or a quilting night out. Look for ideas that will keep them interested and will entice them to prefer to come.
2. Remember why you are doing this men’s outing. Are you doing it to spiritually empower the attendees, are you doing it to reach out to the community, or maybe you are hoping to bring a group of individuals together and to leave a cohesive group of Christian men.
3. Instead of asking men to sit down and pay attention to a single speaker for several hours, choose a various route. Decide on a topic and invite a panel of experts to come and answer the men’s questions in person.
4. Get moving. Remember to provide attendees with time to unwind and have fellowship with other men. Invigorating outdoor activities are especially popular: fishing, water sports, horse shoes, or hiking. If you need to stay indoors try billiards, darts, or bowling.
5. Consider using a motorcoach for your group for travel. Many outings and retreats are a distance away and can require a fair bit of driving. Using a charter bus Reno can retain the group together, even on the road, and can assure that you don’t inadvertently create cliques during travel time. Especially if you are requesting non-members this can be a very important part of the outreach.
40 Themes for your next Men’s Retreat:
1 Taking Charge: You Will Part the Waters – Exodus 14:16
2 The Challenge: Fear Not, Stand Firm – Exodus 14:13
3 Do You Really Trust Him? The Lord Goes Before You Always –Deuteronomy
4 Be Joshua: Lead your People – Joshua 1:1-6
5 The Straight Path of the Strong – Joshua 1:7-9
6 Spiritual Combat: Do Not Lower the Lance – Joshua 8:18-19
7 Listening to God: He Calls You to His Presence – Samuel 3:1-20
8 By the Hand of God, Beat Down Goliath – 1 Samuel 17
9 For Those who Seek the Lord: Victory and Peace– 2 Chronicles 14:6
10 God Has a Plan, Let Him Show You – Jeremiah 29:11
11 Did You Know? You are a Blessed Man – Psalm 34:8
12 Get Up and Get Going: On Eagles Wings – Isaiah 40:31
13 Are You Man Enough to be Christlike? – John 15:13
14 Strength in God: Nothing Can Stand Against You – Romans 8:31
15 The Christian Man Goes the Distance – Romans 5:3-4
16 Defeating Evil in Your Life: Finding Truth – Romans 12:21
17 Cleaning Your House: How to Move On – Ephesians 4:31-32
18 Lean on God and Go Forward – Proverbs 3:5-6
19 Assurance: The Confident Man of God – Deuteronomy 31:6
20 The Free Man in Christ – Galatians 5:13
21 God is Your Infinite Strength – Psalm 46
22 Getting Serious About God: Giving All to Him – Romans 12:1-2
23 Rejoice in You Christlikeness – Philippians 4:4-7
24 Your Greatest Strength – 2 Corinthians 12:9-10}
25 Service: The Authority of Christ – Mark 4:37-41
26 The Dignified Man – Romans 10:9-11
27 Struggle and Victory: Climbing Out of the Pit – Genesis 37-43
28 The Riches of the Prayerful Man – Luke 11:1-13
29 How to Have Faith Like Iron – John 14:12-14
30 Confidence in God’s Promises – 2 Samuel 22:31
31 The Sanctified Man: God’s Finished Work – 1 Chronicles 28:20
32 The Clean Man is the Strong Man – Job 17:9
33 Jesus: Rock, Fortress, Savior – Psalm 18:1-2
34 Get Closer: Trust in Him – Nahum 1:7
35 No Worries – Matthew 6:25-27
36 Fear Nothing when You Fear God – Matthew 10:28
37 The Impossible Now – Mark 9:23
38 In Him and With Him: You Bear Fruit – John 15:4-9
39 God Given Character – Romans 5:3-4
40 Courage: Keep Your Guard Up! – 1 Corinthians 16:13